If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Emma Chisit

 

The Tally-Ho cigarette paper was missing but apart from that he was the complete Norman Gunston look-alike, right down to the comb-over.

However, he was not Garry McDonald and he was not from Glen Innes. But he was still leaning on the gate and waving me towards him.

I almost said, "You look ridiculous". Instead I asked, "Can I help you?"

"You're selling, are you?" he asked, pointing to the sign.

Wow, I thought, this guy can read!!! "Yes, I am!"

"Emma Chisit?"

"Emma Chisit? Sorry, I don't know her."

After we had sorted out what he wanted to know, I also gave him my phone number and a friendly wave but not a second thought.