If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, June 6, 2016

Power outage

 

During yesterday's power outage, the phone rang and an unfamiliar woman's voice asked, "Do you have the power on down there?"

"No, we don't!" I replied, and added, "Who's calling?"

"Oh, you wouldn't know me", the voice replied.

It was one of those l'esprit d'escalier moments when I wished I had replied, "Well, you being so rude, I probably wouldn't want to know you" but she had already hung up.

I don't want to sound like a grumpy old man - which I am! - but why would someone who has my phone number and, judging by the 'down there' qualifier, knows where I live, asked me for some information and then refuse to give her name?

Why are people so rude these days? Don't answer that; I think I know!