If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, October 26, 2017

That's it for another week

 

The local Liberal member must've paid our pool a visit because someone papered over the politically incorrect "back flips". Not that it affects me as I just flop into the water to be away from the bad language and rough play in the change room.

I just hope the pool has good filtration as some visitors look like they haven't seen the inside of a bathroom since their last visit - and then step right back into the pool without taking a shower first! Holding my breath does more than just stop me from drowning!

Back in the carpark and before I had even started my car, a fat woman whose family tree was clearly deeply rooted in Tasmania, drove into the back of my car. She remained seated in her car while I inspected the damage on my bumper which was superficial but still.

"Want to make something of it?" she challenged me. What's the world coming to? She's clearly in the wrong but is accusing me! For a second I experienced a flashback to Saudi Arabia where, if a Saudi runs into your car, it's your fault because you're a foreigner and shouldn't be there.

Perhaps I shouldn't be here either because this country is definitely going to the dogs but where else to go? Burkina Faso? Upper Volta? For the time being "Riverbend" is still a safe enough place. I just close the gate, put on the chain and padlock, and that's it for another week.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap