If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

I only opposed same-sex marriage on the grounds that I oppose buying more wedding presents

 

On the other hand, I support any couple's right to have a divorce. However, they didn't even give me a chance to voice my opinion because I never received my postal ballot papers. Does that make this postal vote invalid?

Anyway, now that it's all done and dusted, let me come out of my closet and admit that I've always supported same-sex marriage because I think everyone should have the choice to be miserable. And, looking on the bright side, from today they won't be marrying your daughters. But why didn't they legalise marijuana at the same time? Wasn't it Leviticus who said, "If a man lays with another man he should be stoned" ?

Of course, now that every Australian can enjoy the wonders of marriage, there'll be a whole shitload of laws that will be affected by this: taxation, superannuation, probate, Centrelink benefits, etc. etc. And will there be special gay fiancé immigration visas? Needless to say, the Family Law Court and divorce lawyers will have their workload doubled (more BMWs for the lawyers). Just one final question from me: will gay Muslim men now be allowed to marry four men? ☺


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap