If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, November 10, 2017

"You must spend a lot of time writing your blog!"

Escher's 'Klimmen en dalen'

 

What does an old car mechanic do in his retirement? At a guess, he strips down old car engines. What does an old carpenter do in his retirement? Probably builds cubby houses for his grandchildren.

So what does a retired pen-pusher do who, as a forensic accountant, auditor, and management consultant, wasted most of his working life writing reports that nobody read? He writes blogs that nobody reads!

It's about as useful as climbing those Penrose stairs which Escher so beautifully captured in his famous lithograph 'Klimmen en dalen'. They so perfectly illustrated the futility of my work that I hung them in my office in whichever corner of the world I happened to be climbing them.

And, no, the blog doesn't take much time; no longer than the time it takes to stir my breakfast porridge. And, yes, it stops the old brain cells from calcifying so that, when I do go into that good night, I'll be raging against the dying light all grammatically and syntactically correct.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap