If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, April 21, 2018

My place in the sun

 

Dust mites dancing in the shafts of sunlight, the slow tick-tock of the clock on the mantelpiece, a cup of tea, a good book, ABC Radio National softly prattling in the background - the peace is palpable. That's my idea of a good time!

Of course, that pillow should be in the bedroom, and that cup of tea should've had its teabag properly disposed of, and what about that crunched-up blanket on the sofa? This will never do!

While Padma is far away in Surabaya, Riverbend is glorious Bachelor Territory and this is my idea of a good time and my place in the sun.


Googlemap Riverbend

 

P.S. And while I celebrate my brief moment of freedom here at River-bend, Padma in Surabaya is celebrating Kartini Day. Each to their own.