If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, June 5, 2021

... and the book-hunter home from the Bay

 

We are home again after a cool but sunny morning down at the Bay for a spot of shopping at my favourite op-shop and having lunch at our favourite Sawatdee Thai Restaurant.

Theirs is a mild sort of Thai cooking which burns neither on the way in nor on the way out. And the Thai chef and his wife are so polite and friendly. One day I plan to test out their friendliness by doing a runner.

 

If they couldn't sell it in South Nowra, what hope do they have in Batemans Bay?

 

I nearly splashed out $3.50 on a second-hand copy of "Accounting for Dummies" for my accountant-friend in Fairfield CT. to thank him for that memorable 'Biggest Sandbox in the World' video clip but I guess it's too late now that he's retired, and it certainly would've have been over his head when he was still working. Instead, I found a beautifully-bound hardcover copy of something I've never suffered from, Alain de Botton's "Status Anxiety". In 2004 it was made into a documentary film, perhaps for those who suffer from it because they don't read enough books.

 


I know a Chinaman in Sydney who might benefit from watching this 😂

 

Now it's time to light the fire, open up a pack the crackers and a tub of tzatziki, pour myself a glass of Chateau Cardboard, and settle in for a night of peaceful reading by the fireside. So many books, so little time!

 

 

Gute Nacht, Freunde!


Googlemap Riverbend