If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, July 18, 2022

Two litres of Greek sunshine on a cold winter's day


 

 

Retsina, a Greek white resinated wine, which has been made for at least 2,000 years, is very much an acquired taste because of its unique flavour which originated from the practice of sealing wine vessels, particularly amphorae, with Aleppo Pine resin in ancient times.

I acquired my taste for it during my Geek salad days all those many years ago when I was still able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. I pour myself a glass of it every time I think back to those glorious days in Greece and elsewhere, and to remind myself of how grateful I ought to be for all the good things that have happened to me in my life.

It's still winter here in Australia - the coldest I've ever experienced at "Riverbend" - and the wind has picked up again. Time to go back inside and double down on my reminiscences by watching "Never on Sunday".

 

 

Στην υγειά σου! (Stin iyá su) “To your health!”


Googlemap Riverbend