If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, January 23, 2023

Better bangers for my buck

Padma's bangers and mash covered in a delicious gravy

 

I'm typing this while I'm on the phone to the Australian Taxation Office. Their recorded voice has been telling me for the past fifty-five minutes that "Your call has been progressed in the queue and will be answered by the next available service representative".

With plenty of time on my hand, let me tell you about our last weekly lunch-away-from-home. We hadn't been to Tuross Head for a very long time, and so we decided to take a break from our usual Thai restaurant routine and drive to the Tuross Country Club & Golf Course for a change.

There seemed to have been a change of cooks because the new lot looked a lot darker. In fact, they turned out to be Indians and, with not even a single mention of Indian curry on the menu, I wondered what they would do to an Australian steak. To be on the safe side, I thought I order the trusty old bangers and mash which is pretty hard to stuff up.

How wrong I was! The mashed potato was something straight out of a packet; the few green peas sprinkled across had barely seen the light of day since leaving the tin; and the sausages - well, my lips are sealed!

Since then, Padma has cooked me a proper bangers and mash covered in a delicious gravy which I have been enjoying while that dulcet voice keeps telling me that "Your call has been progressed in the queue and will be answered by the next available service representative".


Googlemap Riverbend