If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Evening at "Riverbend"

 

Evening at "Riverbend" and I'm settling in to watch the final episode of "Roadkill". Isn't it strange how one's priorities in life change? Only twenty years ago, work to me was not the thing one did to live, but rather the thing one lived to do.

To misquote from "The Wind in the Willows" (which I never read until I had got into retirement; I told you I'm a late starter, didn't I?), "Work is brother and sister to me, and aunts, and company, and food and drink, and (naturally) money. It’s my world, and I don’t want any other."

It took me the best part of ten years to adjust to a life without work, and to leave behind the big WHAT IF questions in life, all of which are now replaced by "What's for dinner and what's on the telly tonight?"

For me it's spaghetti bolognaise (without the parmesan), washed down with a glass of PINO MORE, while I watch the final episode of "Roadkill".


Googlemap Riverbend

 

P.S. Come and join me for "Roadkill" (not the spag bol) by clicking here.