If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, November 3, 2023

Earl Grey on a grey morning

 

I've finished my cup of Earl Grey tea and put some into a thermos to take with us on what is to us a long drive to Nowra where a certain surgeon will take a look at my right leg and what's left of my bank balance to decide if I'm fit enough to be operated on.

A month ago, the dermatologist took a biopsy of a black spot on my right leg which turned out to be a melanoma. All those many years in the tropics and no "slip, slop, slap" are coming home to roost on my skin. When it rains it pours and when it shines you get melanoma.

 

Despite an incorrect referral - I am an unpleasant seventy-eight-year-old (who also suffers from Grammar Pedantry Syndrome (GPS), so, Dr McCrossin, please note, whether as a compound adjective or as a compound noun, "seventy-seven-year-old" is always fully hyphenated) - I got my appointment with Dr Tew who booked me in for an operation followed by an overnight stay at the Nowra Private Hospital on 16 November 2023

 

Perhaps I should get some tea named after me while there is still time.


Googlemap Riverbend