If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

This time it's not for oil

Yours truly buckling up for a helicopter ride from Akyab to the oil rig in the Arakan Sea

 

The last time I was anywhere near a big drill - other than at the dentist - was in 1975 in Burma where my employer, the French oil company TOTAL - Compagnie Française des Pétroles (CFP), was drilling for oil in the Arakan Sea.

The drillers are back, this time to bore a hole to connect "Riverbend" to the town's new sewerage system. They kicked off at the front gate ...

 

Okay, let's get it done by Ledonne

 

... and then gave it a second shot from the front lawn to the house.

 

 

I can't wait to give it a shot myself and test out the new pipes but ...

 

 

I won't uncross my legs until they have uncrossed those two pipes! 😄

 


Googlemap Riverbend

 

P.S. See also "Pushing s**t uphill".