If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, March 7, 2009

I'm ready!

Ihave bought a new pair of crocs and all I need to do now is grap my ticket and passport, stuff a few dollars into my money-belt and a change of clothing into my rucksack --- and it's Bali Hai, here I come!
Bali Ha’i may call you,
Any night, any day,
In your heart, you’ll hear it call you:
“Come away…Come away.”

Bali Ha’i will whisper
In the wind of the sea:
“Here am I, your special island!
Come to me, come to me!

However, my trip is still a good three weeks away and today I'm on boat-duty with the Royal Volunteer Coastal Patrol (aka Grumpy Old Men). Let's hope there are no drunken sailors to be rescued and I can keep my new crocs dry!

P.S. It's 1700 hours and I'm back at "Riverbend" after a day on the (not so) high seas! Pulled a yacht off a beach and towed in two motorboats with mechanical troubles. Everything went well with my boat-duties but I've been taken off radio-room duties. I wonder why?