If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

In the Wake of the Merinda

We are back! Drove to the Bay and came back upriver aboard the tourist ship MERINDA. After a fish'n'chip lunch and a glass of Chablis - I drink the way I dress! - we arrived at Nelligen. I wore dark glasses and spoke in a falsetto voice to pass myself off as a tourist but my (mental?) slowness gave me away as a local.

Robert and Verna - Click to enlarge Aboard the boat we met Robert and Verna from Ballarat in Victoria who just so happened to have lived in Wewak in the Sepik District of New Guinea for four years in the sixties. The talking never stopped! We invited them to "Riverbend" when they come through Nelligen on their way to Canberra.
Robert, Verna and Padma at Nelligen landing - Click to enlargePadma on upper deck - Click to enlarge