If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tempus fugit - again!

Remember my blog about Teutonic bureaucracy?

Well, when I arrived back at Riverbend from my morning's volunteer work at the Coastal Patrol (after which I had a spot of lunch at Batemans Bay's 18-hole golf club, the Catalina Country Club), I found an email in my inbox from my old friends Sven and Grit.

They had attached a picture of their wedding which was already more than two years old! In a slight attack of sciolism, did I use the words 'tempus fugit' in a previous blog? Well, let me say it again: 'Tempus fugit!'

P.S. The lunch (and a glass of Merlot) at the Catalina Country Club was beautiful and I felt on familiar grounds the moment I entered the foyer and spotted an umbrella stand by the reception marked "UMBRELLA'S ONLY!" I asked the Club's Marketing and Function Manager, "Umbrella's only what?", which whistled straight over her head when she replied, "We offer a location for wet umbrellas to be placed (should it rain) and to be collected at time you leave. Some prefer to use this as a rubbish bin as well so we prefer to offer you your umbrella free of rubbish." I know that, Sheryl, but do you know the correct use of the apostrophe? There are rules for playing golf and there are rules for writing English. I was sent home to ponder the hero's fate in the movie "The Man Who Knew Too Much". Que Sera, Sera!