If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, March 28, 2009

You're not a real Aussie ...

... unless you know who to call a wog. And in case any of you have forgotten what the Aussie definition of a wog is, allow me to refresh your memory:

Wog: (noun) Name given to anyone who arrived in Australia after you did.

So from one wog to another, let me help you find out a bit more about your own history: visit the website of the National Archives of Australia, click on COLLECTION, drop down to RECORD SEARCH, and click on SEARCH NOW AS A GUEST USER.

My picture on the 1965 immigration application formI was able to retrieve my original application form to emigrate in 1965 (complete with attached picture), my application to become naturalised in 1970 (until that time I was very un-natural!), the dictation test I sat in 1971, and lots more - why, they even kept the envelopes (front and back!) of letters I had sent to the Immigration Department!

You can have the whole lot sent to you for $25 - perhaps a bit more in your case as they have to box up all those skeletons hidden in the cupboard!


P.S. Read the whole story of my coming out to this Big Brown Land at www.riverbendnelligen.com/dearall25.html. It's worth celebrating every day ... - see here.