If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Home is the sailor, home from the sea

I spent the afternoon on the river, dropping in on neighbours along the waterfront for a glass of red and to serenade them on my new GIORDY. I am now back at home and need to sort out the few things I want to take with me on my trip to Bali.

While there, I'll be inspecting a small boutique hotel that's for sale for IDR 1,500,000,000 or approx. AUS$200,000. It has an owner's residence and four guest villas. I've done some preliminary sums and figured out that it could show a 3% return on the guest villas while still giving us a free residence in Bali.

A week later, I'll also fly across to Surabaya to visit my in-laws and to meet "Professor Timmy" and little Cecil. Will probably stay for three nights from the 9th to the 12th of April. Three days and nights is about the limit of my tolerance level for big cities.