If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

www.thisisaprivatesale.com

Would you expect to find nine grocery shops, nine barbers, nine butchers, nine newsagents, nine service stations, nine public accountants, nine solicitors, or any other nine businesses of the same kind in a small town?

You wouldn't, would you? But you will find nine real estate agents in Batemans Bay. Go on, GOOGLE for them!





Do people in the Bay buy more real estate than they buy groceries or have haircuts? I don't think so! I think there are so many real estate agents because their business is so hugely profitable. They only need to sell a few properties a year to make profits that grocers, barbers, butchers, newsagents, service station owners, accountants, and solicitors can only dream of.

And what do they do for their hugely inflated commissions?

Well, essentially very little: they just sit back and wait! Having been given a property to sell, they stick a FOR SALE-sign on the front lawn, add a few photos to their website, and wait for a buyer.

I might as well do the same: I have asked Shoalhaven Signs to make me a 900 x 600mm sign which will read:




FOR SALE


www.thisisaprivatesale.com






I'll stick it on my front gate and do my impersonation of a real estate agent and sit back and wait!