If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, January 5, 2013

40° inside the horseshed

An absolute scorcher today: 40° in the shade. I hate to think what it is in the full sun. Our incoming guests are still stuck in shocking traffic on the Princes Highway and, after having left Sydney four hours ago, are only now passing through Nowra. They'll be glad when they reach peaceful "Riverbend" where the cottage is ready and waiting for them.

My friend Chris in Canada has no such problems:

The wife left a note on the fridge: "It's not working!! I can't take it anymore, I've gone to stay at my Mum's!!"

I opened the fridge. The light came on and the beer was cold. What on earth was she talking about???