If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Early morning at Riverbend

 

Went to the bathroom to brush my teeth only to discover that Padma has embarked on a new economy-drive with an elastic band around the bottom of the toothpaste tube.

Then, cup of tea in hand, I took the dogs for a walk up the lane. I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass. A neighbour complimented me on my new alligator shoes. I was barefoot! Then he asked me if he could use my ride-on mower today. "Sure", I said, "just don't drive it off my property!"

Farther up the lane a pump-out truck - also known as 'Yesterday's Meals on Wheels' - was busy emptying another neighbour's new you-beaut septic tank, now called a Waste Water Treatment System.

No pump-outs on our old concrete hole-in-the-ground in which the microbes are busy at work. And should they ever slacken off, we just toss in a dead fish (or, if available, a dead cat) and they're off again.

Speaking of which, when they built those architectural wonders in Dubai which generate an unbelievable amount of sewage, they forgot to hook them up to a sewer system.

Instead, they haul it all away in tank trucks. Look at the number of trucks! This is amazing. They wait for days to dump their load.

Back to Riverbend for breakfast and to contemplate the rest of the day. Already it's Australia Day again this weekend. Time flies! That's the bad news. The good news is you're the pilot.