If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, January 28, 2013

Return to Paradise

 

While I was trawling the web, ordering two new books, The Office and Mister Pip, I also came across this DVD which I promptly ordered.

How could I resist? Not only is it based on the short story "Mr Morgan" in James A. Michener's famous book "Return to Paradise", but it was filmed in Samoa where I lived and worked in 1978. Yes, I know, I ought to have stayed longer but an even more exotic job in Malaysia beckoned - and then another and another ...

P.S. If you don't want to spend the lousy $9.50 for the DVD, here's the whole movie (well, almost) on YouTube:

As above ** Part 1 ** Part 2 ** Part 3 ** Part 4 ** Part 5