If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Gone with the dogs

 

It's another beautiful morning at "Riverbend" and we took Malty & Rover for a walk. Now it's back for a late breakfast and a bit of eye-shut. At "Riverbend" I needn't know the time: if I wake up in my pyjamas, it's morning. If I'm in my clothes, it's time for tea.

All that talk about exercise. I exercise every morning without fail. Up, down! Up, down! And then the other eyelid. I mean, I'm pushing 68. That's enough exercise for me.

As for entertainment, my idea of a good night out is a good night in. At my age I don't need to do drugs or drink anymore. I can get the same effect just by standing up real fast.

One thing I do indulge in though is bananas. Bananas contain chemicals that work like Ecstacy and Prozac to stimulate the production of serotonin and dopamine. Bananas make me happy. And I still buy them green. I guess that makes me an optimist.

 

They say that sex is the best form of exercise. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think 2 minutes and 15 seconds every 3 months is going to shift my beer belly.