If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, November 9, 2013

We need rain!

 

Even the car is crying out for a good wash - in German, of course; it knows how to stay on the right side of me ☺

If the rains don't come soon, it and I may have to wait until Christmas for our annual wash! In the meantime, stay upwind from us.

 

A senior citizen drove his brand new Holden Senator out of the dealership. Taking off down the road, he pushed it to 120 kph, enjoying the power of the car.

“Amazing,” he thought as he flew down the F3, pushing the pedal even more.

Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a highway patrol car, blue lights flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 140 kph, then 180kph, then suddenly he thought, “What am I doing? I’m too old for this!” and pulled over to await the copper’s arrival.

Pulling in behind him, the copper got out of his vehicle and walked up to the car. He looked at his watch, then said, “Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a new reason for speeding – a reason I’ve never before heard – I’ll let you go.”

The old gentleman paused, then said, “Three years ago, my wife ran off with a policeman. I thought you were bringing her back.”

“Have a good day, sir,” replied the copper.