If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The big make-over

 

I could be lounging at a hotel pool somewhere in tropical Port Douglas. Instead, I am spending heaps of energy and money on renovating the 5 x 12 metre 'Big Room' upstairs.

My helper Troy and I ripped out the wall-to-wall carpet today to reclaim the original wooden floor which we will sand down tomorrow.

Then, before the varnishing of the floor boards, a quick coat (or two) of paint on the walls and ceiling. And, if there's any money left over, vertical blinds on the two sliding doors and three windows.

Perhaps at the end of it all, I may need a holiday in Port Douglas!