If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, February 24, 2014

Are you being served?

 

For years Padma has been a regular at the local Chinese restaurant. She's going to be even more regular: she's just started her new career - oops! - curry job with them.

For three hours three days a week she fills in for a friend who's gone overseas or into the maternity ward or whatever - I'm afraid I'm not the most attentive listener when it comes to all this feminine gossip.

Padma enjoys her thrice-weekly encounters with humanity. I just wished I didn't have to listen to it while I am getting stuck into my beef with ginger and spring onions.