If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Granny orals PM

 

My friend, this may take away some of the pleasure from the next phone call you make, but I am here to report the facts, not your fantasies:

A 67-year-old grandmother who says she had to live on $400 a fortnight and had to work on a phone sex line to "make ends meet" while battling life-threatening illnesses has challenged Prime Minister Tony Abbott over budget cuts during an ABC Radio phone-in.

The Prime Minister offered this response: "Well, Gloria, I'm not saying you're on easy street, I'd never say that, obviously you're doing it tough."

Is this what Bob Hawke meant when he exhorted us to become a clever country? Are we becoming a country of phone sex workers?

Don't call me; I'll call you!