If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, May 3, 2014

I'm off

 

The greatest luxury in travel is to have as little luggage as possible. Reduced to a small shoulder bag containing a toothbrush and a change of clothes, one can travel with a delicious sense of lightness and freedom.

Which is exactly what I'm doing this morning as I start my brief escape up the Hawkesbury River - see here - although I have made a small concession to indulge my passion for reading by adding a clip-on booklight and a copy of Matt Ridley's The Origins of Virtue which should keep me virtuous enough until I get home again.

And just in case I run out of virtue or have too many quiet nights or encounter bad weather, I've also packed Thomas L. Frieman's The Lexus and the Olive Tree and Nassim Nicholas Taleb's The Black Swan.