If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, October 8, 2015

The pressure is on!

 

Some weeks ago, when I was out on the boat furling the sails and looking up the mast, I suddenly felt all dizzy. Had I not hung on to the mast with both hands, I would surely have finished up - or rather, down - in the water.

When I mentioned this to a friend, he asked, "When did you last check your blood pressure?" to which I replied, "Blood-what?"

Anyway, I was talked into buying one of those gadgety thingamajigs you wrap around your left upper arm and which then gives you a read-out of your stystolic and diastolic blood pressure, whatever that means.

My readings were all over the place until I watched the above YouTube video clip and realised that I had to cut off my left arm first (lucky I am right-handed!) before I could get an accurate reading. A bit messy but the readings are fine now: 139 over 88, whatever that means.