If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, April 22, 2016

More maintenance

 

Yesterday it was below the house; today it's above it: the flue belonging to the old woodstove which is no longer in the kitchen still sticks out of the roof, and the flashing around it is letting the rain come in.

I'm not much of a climber, social or otherwise, but the job has to be done, so with lots of vim and vertigo, I'll be on the roof next week to pull out the flue and cover up the opening with roof tiles.

Mind you, with all that maintenance coming up, I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't cheaper to build a completely new house. I did put in a building application with the local council for a 30m tall and 120m wide structure, with 12 gun turrets at various heights, and windows all over the place and an outside entertainment sound system.

I was going to paint it green with a pink trim and it would have parking for two hundred cars. And there was going to be some idiot standing on top of it and scream as loud as he could three or four times a day from dawn to dusk.

Council told me, "Forget it! We won't allow it!"

So I sent in the same application again, but this time I called it a 'Mosque'.

Council says I can start building any time.