If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, April 30, 2022

In memory of Abdulghani Mofarrij

 

I've always kept in touch with old bosses and they did with me; perhaps only after having parted company did they appreciate what a good worker they had lost and I realised what a good boss they had been to me.

Shuffling through an old cardboard box containing bits and pieces, I've just come across this very old postcard from my boss in Saudi Arabia, Sheikh Abdulghani Mofarrij, who had been more than my boss: he had been a very kind and very gentle man - a gentleman, no less - and, I would like to think, I had also been his friend!

Well, he never wrote to me again with some details because sometime in 2005 he died of a sudden heart attack. Rest in Peace, Adbulghani!


Googlemap Riverbend