If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Ein schöner Rücken kann auch entzücken!

To paraphrase the advertising slogan of a famous German "Sekt"-maker:
"Auf den Rücken meine Lieben wurde Euch MM geschrieben."

 

Today was my six-monthly check-up with my friendly dermatologist at Mollymook. He looked me up and down, then into his exotic car guide, and said, "That'll be two hundred dollars, thanks!" Seems I got off lightly this time!

Can you see that monogram in the centre of my back? Looks suspiciously like an M for Manfred, doesn't it? The P and G are yet to come (there was no room for them when he operated on my ear and right temple).

When I lived in the tropics, snorkelling in the ocean, and walking everywhere shirt-, hat-, and aimless(ly) without suncream and sunglasses, I had never heard the word melanoma (and certainly wouldn't have been able to spell it). Half a lifetime, two cataract operations and half a dozen melanoma surgeries later, I am reminded of it every six months (is that what the M on my back really stands for?)

Anyway, the dermatologist went easy on the liquid nitrogen today, and I was able to enjoy our lunch at the Ulladulla bowling club and the foraging through Ulladulla's op-shops for any interesting books.

More of that later; right now I need to put my shirt back on.


Googlemap Riverbend