If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only sixty years later

 

I don't have to go to school or work. I have all the money I need. I have my own place. I don't have a curfew. I have a driver's license and my own car. I have ID that gets me into bars and bottle shops. The people I hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant.

I didn't make it to the gym today. That makes it twenty years in a row. Several years ago I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven't met yet. I decided to stop calling the bathroom "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I spent two hours in the Jim this morning.

The biggest lie I keep telling myself is "I don't have to write that down; I'll remember it". "Getting Lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I went there for. My brain is slower because I know so much. All that information in my brain puts pressure on my inner ear which makes me hard of hearing. Of course, I sometimes talk to myself. After all, even I sometimes need expert advice.

Life is great. I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only sixty years later. And I have plenty of friends I should send this to, but right now I can't remember their names.


Googlemap Riverbend