If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Early-morning visitors

 

Apart from the large flock of ducks and other waterbirds on the pond, "Riverbend" in the main attracts only the "Einzelgänger" in the shape of the one resident possum, the one resident kangaroo, the occasionally visiting black swan, and this morning a passing stingray and a pelican.

The grass keeps growing almost as fast as I can cut it, and then there are the five tonnes of topsoil I brought in a few days ago to fill out the hollows left by the trees I had removed a week earlier. Spreading it all, one small shovelful at a time, may stop my waistline from spreading.

With all this outdoor work and the time I need to catch up with my reading, and I wonder how I ever got enough time to do all the other work when I was still in what they used to call gainful employment.

 

 

As they sing in the (c)old country, "Seitdem wir Rentner sind da haben wir keine Zeit ..." (Since we are pensioners we have no time ...)


Googlemap Riverbend