If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, September 3, 2015

How many cushions does it take to sell a house?

 

Being a keen Open House property-inspector, I’ve come to notice the multiple cushions that seem to be placed just-so on beds and couches and chairs for no real purpose other than to dress things up.

I’ve also noticed the same set of three narrow-necked vases arranged on the dining table, the same black and white throw casually draped over an armchair, the same fake wicker outdoor furniture, the vanilla-scented candles.

None of this subtlety for me. I went straight for the jugular when I renovated Riverbend's bathroom. And if that doesn't get the buyers in, I even throw in an indoor swimming pool for free. ☺

For more home improvement ideas, click here.