If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, September 25, 2015

The Snow Goose

 

Australia has Colin Thiele's wonderful story Storm Boy; England has Paul Gallico's short but powerful story of friendship and love, The Snow Goose, set against a backdrop of the horror of war.

I found this slim little book of just fifty pages in my favourite op-shop, and I'm so glad I did!

It's the story of a friendship between Philip Rhayader, an artist living a solitary life in an abandoned lighthouse in the marshlands of Essex because of his disabilities, and a young local girl, Fritha.

It was made into a wonderful movie with Jenny Agutter who also starred in one of my favourite movies, The Riddle of the Sands.

Sit down and relax and join me in watching this wonderful movie.