If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Reading is my escape

 

Brought home another Tom Keneally: "The Commonwealth of Thieves - The Sydney Experiment". Unless you've been living under a rock, you would at least have heard of his book "Schindler's Ark", made into the film "Schindler's List".

However, even I had to look up wikipedia to find out just how prolific an author he was and, at age 85, still is. If you're too stingy to spend two dollars at your local op-shop for one of his books, try out "Napoleon's Last Island", which is the only online one I could find on archive.org.

Another two dollars got me Carl Honoré's "Bolder - Making the most of our longer lives". His "In Praise of Slow" is also on archive.org. And all this new brain fodder while still reading Yuval Noah Harari's "Sapiens".

Padma also bought me a book: a Collins Kingsgrove Diary 2021 - one day to a page. I guess there won't be any escape for me now, and I just have to use it. One page at a time, sweet Jesus, that's all I'm asking of you.


Googlemap Riverbend