If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, October 10, 2020

I waited for it until I got blue in the face

 

Guess what? I loved "Smoke" so much, I've bought its uproarious follow-up "Blue in the Face". Until two weeks ago, I'd never heard of Harvey Keitel, but after watching "Smoke", I couldn't get enough of him and his friends.

"Blue in the Face" isn't so much a movie as a documentary-style record of what goes on in Auggie's tobbaconist shop in downtown Brooklyn.

It crackles with wit and energy and you wished there was a cigar shop and a whacky group of locals like that in your own neighbourhood. I'd even take up smoking to join them!


Googlemap Riverbend