If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, November 15, 2021

Gardening Australia

 

They say the best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago - but then, at my age, so was everything else. I wish I had planted some trees then because I don't expect to see in full size the ones I've been planting in recent weeks and months.

Costa Georgiadis, the presenter of "Gardening Australia" which we watch every Friday night, started growing a beard some twenty-four years ago. We wish he hadn't because it looks revolting. At least, he could give it a bit of a trim with his gardening secateurs or, better still, with a hedge trimmer. It's an "essential spring gardening job", as far as I'm concerned.

My own gardening is more of the 'plant-and-forget' variety, and there's nothing better for our hot, harsh summers than the Red Hot Poker, an incredibly hardy plant from South Africa. Look it up on Google.


Googlemap Riverbend