If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, July 3, 2022

I don't really need another t-shirt

 

When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes, but certainly no t-shirts of which I still have far more than I will ever need for all the summers I will ever live through again.

Just now I spent twenty cents short of twenty-five dollars on "The Power of Geography" , a sequel - or perhaps a companion - to Tim Marshall's earlier book "Prisoners of Geography" which I had bought earlier.

And while I was at it, I also lashed out on "An Atlas of Extinct Countries" in hardcover and at the price of - well, let's say more than a t-shirt.

I've always been interested in geography and travel books and non-fiction books in general. Isn't real life is so much stranger than fiction?


Googlemap Riverbend