When someone seeks," said Siddhartha, "then it easily happens that his eyes see only the thing that he seeks, and he is able to find nothing, to take in nothing because he always thinks only about the thing he is seeking, because he has one goal, because he is obsessed with his goal. Seeking means: having a goal. But finding means: being free, being open, having no goal."
The main protagonist of Hermann Hesse’s novel "Siddhartha", the wise man, shared these thoughts with a friend. They may sound more like a feeble excuse of a weak-willed loser rather than a pearl of wisdom.
However, it may be worth to pause and think about it. Why? Because we need to keep our mind as free and open as we possibly can. Otherwise, how will we be able to notice when something wonderfully precious enters our life and offers us an opportunity to learn from it?
I only came to Herman Hesse's "Siddhartha" in my retirement. I wish I had read it much earlier and learned from it. Still, it's not too late.
While I am fixated on the written word and prefer to read Hermann Hesse's book, you may prefer to watch the Indo-American movie.
Keep an open mind. You might learn something wonderfully precious.