If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

The world's most expensive tap washer

 

 

The new tenant moved in and returned the ingoing report just now. She also reported that the kitchen water tap is leaking. I have attached the video for your review", my friendly rental manager emailed me. "Our plumber is working in this area today; we have just requested him to attend ASAP. Trust you are okay with this."

And just to make sure that I fully understood the urgency of the matter, she had also enclosed the above video clip. Of course, I immediately told her to go ahead; after all, how much would it cost to replace the valve in a leaking tap? BUNNINGS sell them at $6.43 for a four-pack.

 

 

Well, I did find out today just much it cost. $246 ! How much I wished I had pursued a lifelong career in plumbing instead of in accounting!

 

 

Of course, I should have remembered the world's most expensive light switch, but I'm getting old and gradually my memory begins to fade.

But not my sarcasm. As I emailed her: "Amanda, I was gobsmacked by the $246 charged for fixing that dripping tap. Could you please at least supply me with a copy of the invoice so that I can frame and hang it on the wall with the inscription 'The world's most expensive tap washer'?"

 


Googlemap Riverbend