If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, October 9, 2026

See you latmj ikhfgfh lllplmnb ...

 

 

With so much reading to catch up with, I started my weekend on a Friday, which also happens to be the birthday of our favourite neighbour across the river, Elaine Ison, and Padma's previous boss in France, Jérôme Stubert. A 'Happy Birthday' to you both!

 

 

But if you think you'd get away with just listening to this Indonesian version of 'Happy Birthday', think again! I haven't been a forensic accountant for nothing, and so I did a bit more research into what was until quite recently the highest-royalty-earning song in history.

I was about to launch into a lengthy dissertation when I discovered a Youtube clip which is so much better, although, being as old-fashioned as I am, I was a little put off by the presenter's ring through his nose.

 

 

I was going to write more but the resident parrot keeps 'autocorrecting' everything I type and turns it into anghytrdl lluiih gqwertt nbvcxvv ...

 

 

See you latmj ikhfgfh lllplmnb ...

 


Googlemap Riverbend