What boy has not read Jules Verne's "In 80 Tagen um die Welt" and "20.000 Meilen unter dem Meer", in German of course, because that's what I read in when I grew up.
It took me another seventy years to read his final book "The Lighthouse at the End of the World", after I saw it mentioned in "A Brief Atlas of the Lighthouses at the End of the World", and this one I read in English.
Jules Vernes immortalised this lighthouse with his book. Reading it, a French adventurer, André Bronner, decided to go and discover what was left of it. He found the ruins in 1994, and decided to rebuild it identical to its original. In 1998, he mobilised a team of ten people, reassembled the building and relit the lighthouse, as retold in the above video clip.
Having returned to France, and in memory of this lighthouse at the end of the world, André Bronner erected a replica of it off the coast of La Rochelle on the Atlantic coast of France. Also called the Lighthouse at the End of the World, this lighthouse is built on pillars in the sea.
I've just finished reading Jules Verne's book "The Lighthouse at the End of the World": "The sun was setting as he moved out of the bay. At once, over there upon the shore, a light flashed out, its reflection dancing in the steamer’s wake. And as the despatch-boat moved away over the darkling sea, she seemed to be taking with her some of the myriad rays that were shed anew from the Lighthouse at the End of the World."
THE END

