If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, June 15, 2009

Sleep-in

Padma's telephone call from Bali woke me up this morning. She's arrived safely! I tried to get Rover to make me a cup of tea but he's sound asleep! Ah well, it's too cold to get up early anyway. So I keep reading "The Rights of Man" which, in my opinion, include the right to stay in bed as long as one wants.

I've finished "The Schopenhauer Cure" which was totally compelling and I simply MUST get the author's other book, "When Nietzsche Wept", which was also made into a movie.

Alain de Botton offers a well-reasoned explanation of Nietzsche's perspective on life: