If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, June 12, 2009

When did it happen?


When did nostalgia replace the golden promise of tomorrow?

I had always believed that the juiciest meat of life was yet to be found and had always coveted the future - the time of being older, smarter, bigger, richer. And then came the time of the great reversal, the deidealisation of the future, and the beginning of the aching yearning for what used to be. When was that reversal? I don't know. It just sneaked up on me. One day I woke up and realised that the truly soaring moments of life had come and gone without my grasping them. Welcome to the future!