If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, December 26, 2011

Tidings of comfort and joy



Manfred in Brisbane, another German "Auswanderer", emailed me this photo of his wet Christmas, both inside and out.

Theo Zantman emailed from Bali: "love to wish u a very happy - healthy 2012 ..it shall be an exiting year, a very special year .... go in the new year with an open mind ... be nice for each other ... and remember we are not alone ... start to work for a world without any border... warm greetings from hot bali"

And my Canadian friend Chris went orgasmic about his Christmas dinner consisting of "roast breast of duck, baked potatoes, buttercup squash, fresh green beans and a little gravy. The aprés was a chocolate cake roll iced with chocolate flavored whipped cream and filled with the same and all with just a touch of Tia Maria for extra flavour."

Bozenna in Greece seemed relieved that "two days of guzzle are over. I was invited for the Christmas Eve supper to a Polish family. Today, I had lunch at home of Polish/Greek family. Tomorrow is one more feast-day, as a friend of mine is celebrating her birthday. I drink herb-tea after each session behind a table to speed-up digestion. Then, there will be New Year's Eve celebration - less food, more drinks, music and dances (not for me). All my friends are much younger (friends of the same age have left Greece or died) than I am and they force me to participate in all events to avoid depression. To tell you the truth, I don't like to go out of the flat. Everything bores me. In addition, I don't feel well. It seems that the old age caught up with me. I complained to you and my mood improved."

And Brian's SKYPEd from Keppel Bay Marina where he's waiting for good sailing-weather to continue his voyage to "Riverbend" where a nearby building block has just been put on sale to make us wonder what this may mean to our peaceful neighbourhood in 2012.

Boxing Day is boating day on the beautiful Clyde River and the hills are alive with the sound of outboard engines to which I shall shortly add the soothing putt-putt-putt of my 8-HP YANMAR inboard diesel engine.

I leave you with the following message, outsourced this year to India to keep costs down, to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!