If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, December 25, 2011

"Riverbend" is closed for Christmas ...



... but that doesn't stop the emails from coming in. Here's one from Saudi Arabia:

Dear Peter,

Seeing your post while searching for historical information about my uncle Abdulghani Mofarrij was something made me feel good. I am delighted that you have good memories of Saudi Arabia and my family. I bet you don't remember me, I was maybe couple of months old when you were working with uncle Abdulghani. My father, Ali Mofarrij, recalled your name when I asked him about you, and he insisted to post his regards to you.

Truly thanking you for warm and kind words you said to Abdulghani's memorial.

Best Regards,
Thamer Mofarrij, MBA
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

 

Young Thamer - and what a striking resemblance to his father Ali!

 

Well, shukran, Thamer, and what a pleasant surprise it was to receive your email. Of course, I remember your father Ali, Saudi Arabia's answer to Omar Sharif ☺ Please give him my best regards as well.

And, no, I don't remember you as I never came to your father's house and only went once to Abdulghani's place for a meal (to which I brought my own MARS bar as I'm not particularly fond of sheep's eye and tongue ☺). You must be in your late twenties now which means you've done rather well, judging by your MBA. Congratulations!

As for Saudi Arabia, I both loved it and left it - and still wear the tee-shirt to tell the tale. ☺




Googlemap Riverbend