If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Saturday night at the club



Australia has very strict laws about drinking alcohol and driving. Australian Police are authorised to stop any vehicle and breath-test the driver at any time. There is no absolute safe level of alcohol consumption for competent driving. For fully licensed car drivers the legal limit is 0.05 g/100ml. Get above the leal limit, and even a first-time offender can expect a fine of $1,100 plus an automatic six-month disqualification.

So last night, after a few drinks at the club in town, I did something I've never done before. Believe it or not, I took a bus home. Yes, a bus! And I arrived home safely and without incident.

This was really a surprise to me as I'd never driven a large bus before.