If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, May 20, 2013

A new bench(mark)

I always keep my canoe close by; after all, we live in a "Hundred-
Year Flood Zone" and who doesn't want to live to be a hundred? ☺

A slightly frosty morning has turned into another sunny day in Paradise! Our guests Pam and Greg, who arrive in June, want to build one of my outdoor benches and so I busied myself getting the "tricky" part, the backrests, done to allow them more time to relax at "Riverbend".

I have developed a bit of a "production process" - Henry Ford, eat your heart out! - so that I can knock out one bench in a morning's work but before I patent the design and go into full-time production, I'll sit on it for a little longer.

In fact, right now I'll sit down by the river and take in the setting sun.