If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Gillard's $1.1 billion school reading blitz

 

Apparently, Australia's kids are doing badly in literacy. And so our esteemed prime minister, in her pathetic belief that she can fix anything by just passing laws and throwing money at it, has done just that: another $1.1 billion of unfunded promises.

She should've asked me. I know the solution. Toilet paper!

Yes, toilet paper!

When I was knee-high to a grasshopper in post-war Germany, the youngest of five children, it was my job to cut up the daily newspaper into neat and handy squares.

It was a boring job and our big family needed a big pile of them and so I tried to read what I was cutting up: news about the Korean War, the first organ transplant, McCarthy looking for Communists under every bed, the first colour television - free reading while cutting up toilet paper and free reading while using it ☺